View Single Post

Old 06-14-2019, 08:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
Beta builders for new Stinson SR-3

Here's my quote from my recolor announcement thread:

"Anyway, I finally have the first draft of the Stinson SR-3 (straight-wing) Reliant derived from the DGA DHC-2. I'm now inviting test builders to PM me their email addresses so I can email the alpha model, hopefully there's at least 1 volunteer.

Of most concern is the fit between the greenhouse windscreen, fuselage and cowl, I'm sure there's lots of adjustment needed. There's likely alignment issues as well, and I haven't chosen a method to support the wing-fuselage attachment. Small rolled parts like the prop shaft and exhaust pipes aren't included just yet, I figure those are easy enough to make. I took the coward's way out and opted for multi-layer sandwich wheels and wheel pants.

On the plus side this is going to be a very rare and unusual subject, a 1930s Philippine SR-3 flown by INAEC in green with white trim. Monochrome photos are rare and color nonexistent, so markings are based on factory standard schemes and personal accounts."

The model is 1:72 and is designed with the absolute minimum deviation from the base DGA Santa Beaver, so if you built that you should be able to handle this. Previous experience is key here as there are no instructions. I may have a crude fix for the windscreen/wing/fuselage issue, and have an idea for exhaust pipes I'll add to the alpha model.

PM me your email address so I can send the PDF file. What I'd really like feedback on is how the new windscreen fits and how the fuselage graphics align, but any comments on parts and construction will be useful. This is intended to be a free model for our Downloads section, but I'd like it polished before general release.