View Single Post

Old 06-16-2019, 04:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.47 MB
zaporozhets tractor

hello all,

i have decided to try my hand at building the zaporozhets tractor by mba card model. as with the previous bristol t188 model i will be using my emblaser cutter to cut the parts, ca glue to harden (to help with grinding,sanding and polishing) and then finally paint to finish. as always it will be a mixed media effort with the use of styrene, metal, wood or any other material most suitable for a particular part. the kit indicates that it's 'for alpha testing' so i may run into issues, which i will try to document. finally, i am a very slow builder so i expect it to be a long haul. i will try to post my progress regularly and as always, your input is most welcome. so here goes

step 1 parts. 300, 180 and 74 gsm paper. before lamination. i chose these 3 'weights' in order to arrive at the closet thicknesses indicated by the designer.
zaporozhets tractor-p1020402.jpg

first assembly. good fit so far. 1 modification i made to the kit was to reduce the line thickness of the drawings from 0.2mm to 0.01mm to match more closely the kerf of the laser in the emblaser. hope that does not create fit issues in the future.
zaporozhets tractor-p1020403.jpg