View Single Post

Old 06-18-2019, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 401.65 MB
While waiting to hear back from test builder Tim I decided to do something completely different - gift boxes for my 1/72 paper model cars, inspired by the classic Corgi Toys and Husky boxes. 2POMs (yet another dog breed) is my fictitious toy company but my spokesdogs Louie and Orville exist in real life, and live in Virginia with my sister's family.

I'd like the moderators to consider this a fair use homage to the classic diecast model boxes. No infringement is intended and the design is intended to evoke the classic blue and yellow Corgi boxes (even then the proportions are for a classic Matchbox Type E box), and the vehicle side profiles are generic ones off the internet. I don't think anyone will mistake these for the reproduction boxes collectors pay for.

The side profiles are 1/72 scale, and it's surprising how much bigger the boxes are - the only ones that come close to filling the space are the AMC Ambassador and the VW T2 van. Maybe I can do a series 2 with trucks!

For a change these may be found in the Toys and Automata folder in Downloads, and should be available pending moderator approval.