View Single Post

Old 06-18-2019, 08:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Some of my models in the National Spaceflight Museum in the Netherlands

A couple of years ago I brought some of my models to the NRM (Nationaal Ruimtevaart Museum) in Lelystad. The organisation invited me to so so. The museum is housed inside the Aviodrome, a much bigger museum dedicated to the history of (Dutch) aerospace and a lot of actual and unique planes. They also have some donated planes from other countries. After I brought my models there I haven't been back to see how they were displayed until today.

My models had been placed in glass showcases and while I was there for other reasons (negotiating about a joint venture deal with the musem in getting a documentary film i am making off the ground) I took the opportunity to shoot my old friends in their new home.
After not having seen them for two or more years I really was amazed by how they looked. Especially the Soyuz FG and the Ariane took away my breath. Did I make those? Wow. I have promised them my 1/96th Currell N1 with scratch built LK3 train because they deserve a good N1 next to the plastic Saturn V they have on display.

The models I have there are all in 1/96th: Atlas-D with Mercury; Bumper WAC-Corporal A4; Titan IIIe; Proton M; Delta II with IRAS; Ariane V with Herschel & Planck; Falcon 9 first incarnation with Dragon; Scout D with ANS and the Soyuz FG with displayed Soyuz spacecraft.

In another part of the exhibition they have my diorama of the Curiosity Mars lander being put on the ground by the Sky Crane, a model that has been designed by our late friend John Jogerst.
Attached Thumbnails
Some of my models in the National Spaceflight Museum in the Netherlands-dscf0455.jpg   Some of my models in the National Spaceflight Museum in the Netherlands-dscf0460.jpg   Some of my models in the National Spaceflight Museum in the Netherlands-dscf0462.jpg   Some of my models in the National Spaceflight Museum in the Netherlands-dscf0469.jpg   Some of my models in the National Spaceflight Museum in the Netherlands-dscf0468.jpg