View Single Post

Old 06-18-2019, 08:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Warning: the only paper model-related aspect of this post is at the very end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
I have never seen an episode of this anime, but in digging through the fandom world in search of information, I have to admit I've become a bit of a fan.
Try it. It's a variation of the school sport team+save your beloved institution themes, with an incredibly large but distinctive cast and excellent soundtrack (BTW each school has a real-world hymn/theme song; the Russian one became viral).
Quote:
...is housed on an aircraft carrier
More like floating cities, but their shapes do resemble carriers of the country related to the school.
Quote:
Miraculously, no one is ever seriously hurt
There's a brief in-universe explanation that the tanks's inner lining is impervious to damage, and technological gizmos measure the theoretical damage and automatically raise the white flags which signal a tank is "killed". No mention about the usage of machine guns and riding a tank in rough terrain without at least a helmet, though; BTW why fielding CV33s if their guns are useless against armor?
Quote:
...but since I can never leave well enough alone, I had to repaint it to its earliest incarnation with the help of an image of a decal sheet that I found online
Beautiful job as always.
Quote:
...I may build the CV33 tankette next. I'll scale it down to 1/35
You're probably aware that other GuP model/liveries are available: 1/50 StuG III (with an alternate texture even more outrageous than Duck Team's), Jagdpanzer 38 and Type 3 Chi-nu at WoPT; 1/72 Chaffee, Centurion, P40, Karl Gerat, BT-42, Crusader, Type 97 Te-ke and Type 95 Ha-go at Hako no Koubou. The latter has also the M3, Tiger (P), and many other models present in GuP, but IIRC not in GuP livery (pity, Rabbit Team's badge is cute).