View Single Post

Old 06-19-2019, 01:35 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello Ricardo, Thanks for your kind response. I didn't know I was old enough to be your father Your father is one year older than I am. I am glad to hear that he remains active in the wooden clock making and other interests. That is what keeps me going also even though my hands some times get shaky with small parts.

My first hobby love has always been woodworking especially making miniature houses and furniture as well as real houses and real furniture. In later years I have found much joy in scroll sawing.

I do have 5 wooden "cathedral" clocks on my webpage - CATHEDRAL QUEST: our quest to experience cathedrals in Europe -under Models scroll down to the Paper models link. These are large clocks, measuring from 3 feet to 6 feet (the Dome Clock), Does your father have a web page or any means that I can see his clocks?

At 81 I stay busy with my hobbies and other interest. People can't believe that I am 81. I got into an argument with a clerk the other day who insisted that I couldn't be more than 70. She even called in other clerks who agreeed with her. Paper modeling and (woodworking) will keep you looking young because these hobbies make you smile a lot. May you still be making paper models in your 80"s . I have made 97 models and still have 94 yet to make and I am determined to make them in the years ahead of me. I have good genes - my father lived to 89 and my mother to 93 (and still painted and sewed)

Yes, I think 3D Karton's St. Mattias would be a fun model for you. I made it several years ago after visiting it. Not as much detail as Wroclaw...no windows to cut our but --I am sure you will find a way I have a photdo of my model under Polish models plus a commentary on our visit under "Advemtures" Central Europe 2011, Day 13.

Cheers, Thomas