View Single Post

Old 06-28-2019, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
What will you use to mask the lights so they do not shine through where you don't want?
There's going to be a bit of trial and error. I've seen some plastic builds where they added lights and used black paint on the interior to block the bleeding light. Most of the LEDs I'll be using will either be used as external landing lights or internally to light the fiber optics so I'm hoping I won't have too many bleed issues anyway.

I haven't decided what to do with the engine exhaust yet, seeing as it will be displayed in a parked state, the engine shouldn't really be lit anyway, but I'm thinking about building in the ability to display it both parked and in flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk310149 View Post
Here is a link to the construction report of the model of Slawek, which was the help for my construction.
Thanks, I read that thread yesterday, along with yours. More inspiration. I also read the full build log of your ISS 3 build, congratulations on finishing it, that's an extremely impressive looking model!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyman00 View Post
Jaffro, Do you have plans to curve the hulls?
Definitely. I plan to make it as close to the studio prop as I can. The hulls curved quite well in my build of the SF Papercraft model, using 250gsm card. I plan to build the larger version the same way, then add strength to it by adding the external hull plates individually, using 0.5mm card, or maybe even 1mm. I'll experiment with that once I have the basic structure built.

I'm going to build the bottom hull section first, this is where the bulk of the lighting will go too. This will allow me to try out different stuff that won't be so visible later on and I'll be able to learn how to make the top half perfect.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000