View Single Post

Old 07-02-2019, 09:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Thanks, maybe you can explain the nose art. It is the weirdest I have ever drawn. If I had to guess it is an anus with legs letting out a fart with a hat that says ARP. Am I close?
Short answer: your guess is as good as mine! Bit of info about this particular Wirraway- the Wirraway was by no means a combat aircraft. In Dec 1942 Pilot Officer J.S. Archer with crewman Sgt. J.L. Coulston were in A20-103 on a recon flight near Buna when they spotted what was reported at the time a Japanese Zero 1,000 ft below. Archer dived on it and with guns blazing managed to shoot it down. It was the only air to air victory by a Wirraway. Archer was awarded a Silver Star for combat valour by none other than Gen Douglas Macarthur and six bottles of beer by the Australian High Command with Sgt. Coulston being mentioned in despatches. Post war investigations revealed the fighter Archer shot down was actually a Nakajima Ki-43 'Oscar'.
Attached Thumbnails
1/100 scale is the new black-wirraway-ww2-awm-p02850_002-zero-kill-archer.jpg   1/100 scale is the new black-img_7140_awm_wirraway_900.jpg