View Single Post

Old 07-06-2019, 07:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Clarify if I am missing information...

In this case DAF clearly does not claim rights to the Truck models they are distributing.
G Rutka does.
DAF claims no copyright or ownership, and it clearly states on the models they are a G Rutka design.
G Rutka obviously offered these models to DAF, for their use.

The contact (Kiersten) at DAF also does not understand paper modeling terminology.
To him, "recolour" might just mean "take out the crayons and recolour it!"

He loves the fact that you want a DAF truck model...and he loves that you want to "recolour" it.
Sure they "encourage" you to download and modify these models (for your own use).
But where has permission been given for wide spread redistribution?
I'm sure they wouldn't tolerate the use of DAF logos in any commercial way (free or not).

Of course you can graphically edit (recolour) any model you find on the web, without permission...
but that is still not permission to edit the model, replackage it, and reshare it (freely or otherwise).

In this case, permission is needed directly from G Rutka.
Saying "I tried to contact him, but he didn't answer" is not a valid argument, and not the same as "permission".
"waited weeks"...I don't care how long you've waited, you still need his direct permission.

From what I can see here, unless G Rutka says it is okay to repaint and reshare his designs, then its not.

Last edited by airdave; 07-06-2019 at 07:23 AM.