View Single Post

Old 07-09-2019, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
I guess I am past due for some kind of update on my B-17 projects.

In case some of you were not aware, I did two kits as a memorial to Glenn “Elliott” Merrill who recently passed away. The proceeds from these kits will go to a charity that does research into childhood cancer. On kit is a fictional kit dedicated just to Elliott. The other is a model of an actual aircraft named “Kwitchurbitchin II” that served with the 15th Air Force flying out of Italy during 1945.

My kit of the B-17F “Memphis Belle” is (finally!) almost finished. I’ve attached a photo Texman took of the completed model at the Armed Forces Day event back in May. Since this is such an important B-17 I decided to do add some extras. It will have five cut-out figures of various people directly connected to the history of the aircraft. The kit also includes an RAF Type C3 bomb cart. I’ve attached a still from the wartime “Memphis Belle” movie that inspired this accessory as well as my rendition. I should have this kit to Ecardmodels the beginning of next week.

Another thing I have been working on is a re-design of my bombs to make them more accurate. When Ecardmodels was down for renovation I decided to take that time and start some needed renovations to my several of my kits. I am also starting a kit of a post war B-17.
Attached Thumbnails
B-17 Flying Fortress-aha19e.jpg   B-17 Flying Fortress-4099dfb7921106796f803226467fdfcaac1e2af5.jpg   B-17 Flying Fortress-bc5a.jpg