View Single Post

Old 07-09-2019, 01:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0rb View Post
High quality scratchbuilding here, very impressive! I love the mix of materials you are using. Are those guitar strings?
Thanks and yes, they are. I discovered this idea in Mark Warren's build log of the DeAgostini Falcon, very clever indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyman00 View Post
Nice.

I like how you consolidated both mandible maintenance recesses into one unit and omitted the unsightly cylinder walls... clever as hell. I assume the same treatment for the ventral ones, yes?

What about the recess bays on the hull?

Very nice, Jaffro.

Geddy would appreciate your new detailing item. -J
Yep, same thing for the ventral pits and the ones underneath, it adds depth and gives those who like to look close enough some interesting things to discover. I'm getting more creative with it as I go and have already decided to go back to the upper pits and add even more detail after checking out some more reference shots. I really enjoy this kind of scratch building and the possibilities are endless although I'm trying to stay as true as I can to the original prop this model is based on.

Funny that you should mention Geddy... I'm almost ashamed to admit that I only recently discovered Rush and can't believe I've come this far in life (I'm 48) without realising how awesome they are! From now on I think my use of the bass strings will be referred to as "Geddy Hose".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revell-Fan View Post
You could use a rescaled version of UHU02's MF cockpit model to flesh out your version.
I have actually considered this but I think it would be too much detail to shrink down. I'll see how I go with the files I mentioned earlier that I found somewhere on this forum but can't remember which build thread they were posted in.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000