View Single Post

Old 07-10-2019, 12:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Welcome Papa, enjoy the ride.

While waiting for glue to dry on the lower mandible pits, I decided to do a little bit of work on the inner mandible sides, specifically on the tractor beam generators. A little bit of work became a lot of work and I finished them without going back to the mandible pits.

What's that you say? You didn't know the Falcon had it's own tractor beam? Neither did I until I started researching the ship for this model.

The Millennium Falcon itself is referred to as a freighter, but after looking at a lot of internal shots, if you're like me, you can't help but wonder where the freight goes, can you? I know I did... Until I stumbled across this picture, which explains a lot, and also shows why the Falcon has a tractor beam.

Millennium Falcon, Studio Scale, High Detail.-dokfcmhvwauipma.jpg

So there you go, another fun fact.

The tractor beam is depicted differently between the different models/movies. I found a great shot of this area amongst the pics in the link Skyman posted earlier, it matches the details drawn on the Makino kit so I used this pic as reference and laminated multiple copies of the part onto various thicknesses of card for some layering. I noticed a discrepancy with the drawn on parts compared to the film prop and moved some parts to correct it, but maybe should've done a bit more research as it appears my reference pic may have been taken upside down. However, I'm really happy with how these turned out. Last pic shows my parts next to my Millennium Falcon shaped scale cube for a size and detail comparison.

Millennium Falcon, Studio Scale, High Detail.-img20190710155959.jpgMillennium Falcon, Studio Scale, High Detail.-img20190710160042.jpgMillennium Falcon, Studio Scale, High Detail.-img20190710160052.jpgMillennium Falcon, Studio Scale, High Detail.-img20190710163701.jpg

Now, back to those mandible pits...

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000