View Single Post

Old 07-21-2019, 12:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Regarding the above posts, there's so much info floating around regarding the Star Wars universe it would take forever to read it all and if you did, nothing would truly add up, I doubt it was ever expected to get as huge as it has, so back-stories and continuity weren't a high priority early on.

I appreciate the attempts that have made, to answer some unanswered questions and fill some gaps. I loved Rogue One, I really need to get around to watching Solo and I've always been a fan of the whole "Fan Film" scene.

So having said that, and having done some extensive research on the ESB Falcon in recent weeks, I should probably make a small disclaimer, before it's too late. My Falcon, while based primarily on the ESB Falcon will no doubt stray from the path on occaision. I'll make some mistakes, I'll get some of my references mixed up (have done that already) and in some cases, I'm just going to do stuff that I think looks cool.

Now, for the sake of making an update on the build, progress has slowed but there's a lot going on in the background. I've switched my focus to the cockpit and the lighting as a lot of my parts have started to arrive, including some really cool electronic additions I can't wait to show off. More on that later.

I've been in discussion with John (skyman00) about various cockpit parts and work has begun on the cockpit exterior. As for the interior, after some trial and error with downloaded files and some scratch building, I've decided to have a go at rescaling Uhu's cockpit to fit inside this one, thanks to suggestions by John and from GWC and Revell-Fan earlier in this thread.

I originally dismissed the idea as I thought it would be too much detail to squash down to this size (my uhu cockpit will be 26.7% the size of the original). Obviously I'm going to lose a lot of the detail but if I can pull it off, I think it's going to be great. On top of reducing it, I'm going to be lighting it with fibre optics and LEDs. Fun times ahead, trying to make it all work.

So that's where I'm at, no pics to show right now, I just felt like making an update as it's been a while.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000