View Single Post

Old 08-01-2019, 11:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestforests View Post
Both styles make an attractive visual on the game table.
I got inspired to make the colorful version by stumbling over the very colorful architecture of the Caribbean islands. I have no idea what a real Pirate village would look like, but I imagined it would be a run down and dirty version of these.

Of course when I get a lot of feedback now that many prefer the plain version for their gaming needs I am glad I have option layers so that one can turn on and off what one needs :-) and - who knows - maybe some will discover gaming scenarios where the color option will become a thing again!

Anyway ... back to WIP. Here a some pics of weathered and interior build.

First is an overview of the weathering layers.

On the left you have the clean original. In the mid you have regular weathering with scratches, dirt and sun-bleach at the bottom. And on the right you have another option to add moss or plants for humid and swampy settings.

Comparison of clean and weathered version. The dirty one is a light color version. You also get to peek inside now :-) For this build I just cut out the door and window frame space and will add actual door and window shutters as extra pieces for open version.

Here's an overview of the open veranda extension layout showing the interior wall texture.

I think I will rework the roof texture as the scaling of the detail seems to large. And then I can start adding some optional details for the walls, like treasure maps etc.

Chris