View Single Post

Old 08-03-2019, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
CAF Bombers on Tour

I've been looking forward to today for a couple of months. The Commemorative Air Force is bringing Fifi the B-29, Diamond 'Lil the B-24, Gunfighter the P-51, and a Stearman to the Lincoln, NE airport for flights and tours. Granted, they were in Omaha earlier this summer, but I was gone. The fun part is that when I was in 7th grade, waaaaaaaay back in 1994, my dad took me to see Fifi and Diamond 'Lil in Des Moines. I found the pics of that day a while back.

Here are pics of the planes back in the day and of my friend and I with Fifi (I'm the gangly dork on the right).

I also plan on taking my model of Gunfighter along and get some pics with the real deal. Hopefully it's not out on flights the whole time I'm there. The plane is actually based in the Omaha area (Council Bluffs, IA)and there is a small hangar museum, but every time I've been there, the plane has been gone.

I'll update with new pics when I get back.
Attached Thumbnails
CAF Bombers on Tour-img_20190803_112426.jpg   CAF Bombers on Tour-img_20190803_112436.jpg   CAF Bombers on Tour-gunfighter.jpg