View Single Post

Old 08-06-2019, 02:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Many thanks for these great images, Jim!

I have always had a special place in my heart for the Corsair. As think I have told you, it was the first airplane I could recognize. In 1945, while my Dad was in the Pacific, my mother and I lived on the top floor of a duplex house. The bottom floor was occupied by the wife of a Navy test pilot stationed within flying distance of Pittsburgh and flying Corsairs. At least once (in my memory more than once) he flew over the house at low altitude and wagged the wings of the Corsair while we stood outside and waved and the wife pointed out the cranked wings. The pilot also gave me a pile of Air Trails magazines, which I could not read, but loved to pour over, looking at the photographs and drawings.

Probably more than you and others reading this want to know, but those beautiful images triggered my memories.

Keep 'em flying!

Don

PS: I cannot resisting noting that "they look like Corsairs" (older members of the Forum may catch the reference, especially YankeeBoy/member_3 and Rickstef - and dansls1 and wunwinglow if they are still tracking the Forum - it all started herehttp://www.papermodelers.com/forum/aviation/466-mustang-canopy-question-2.html and here Mustang Canopy question).