View Single Post

Old 08-07-2019, 07:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Simple but not simplistic Horyzont II

This is a very well design model of the "Horyzont II" by JSC (286) reduced from 1/250 to 1/400 with some photo-etched and minor additions to the masts. It is relatively simple to build, a two pager but when reduced a one pager. I did it before I knew I was a Papermodeler and I didn't have kids, at least a decade ago.

The RTS "Horyzont II", built by Remontowa for the Gdynia Maritime University, is an ice resistant research and training ship, for practice in navigation, radar positioning, maneuvering, engine room and deck equipment servicing. It is also employed to perform research works in co-operation with the Polish Academy of Sciences during her expeditions to the Arctic and Antarctica.

I hope you like it, and if so, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-horyzont-01.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-horyzont-02.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-horyzont-03.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-horyzont-04.jpg   Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-horyzont-05.jpg  

Simple and Simpler Icebreaker and Ice Resistant Ships-horyzont-06.jpg