View Single Post

Old 08-10-2019, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Building the second truck

Hello PM's, back again from a two weeks break in Bretagne (Brittany), France. A very beautiful area to stay, and the weather was excellent. In fact, temperatures were ridiculously high end of July. Summer temperatures in Brittany, as well as in The Netherlands, are usually quite moderate, owing to close proximity to the sea. However, this year on July 22nd, temperatures rose to above 40 degrees C, also in NL, which has never happened before. Way too hot for me but with all these climatic changes, extremes will happen more and more. Like yesterday, when the center of Amsterdam was hit by a small tornado.

Anyway, back to the build and to the ones who also enjoyed a summer break, I hope you had a great time! As I still enjoyed a week off last week there was enough time to spare to start the second truck, with more pictures taken during the building process.

Herewith the latest status: The main structure, the leaf springs and added details (thank you for the information, jamoldover!), installation of the axles, wheels and hub caps and the individual wheel spring suspension assemblies. Next will be the brake actuators, brake shoe assemblies and swivel joint between truck and loc body.

As I have mentioned before, building the trucks is a time consuming process and not the most interesting part of the build. Nevertheless, no issues encountered except for some trimming of the parts here and there; everything came together nicely.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0612.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0613.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0614.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0615.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0616.jpg  

F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0617.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0618.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0622.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0632.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0633.jpg