View Single Post

Old 08-11-2019, 04:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 11.17 MB
MS Stockholm (1948)

My next project is the motorship Stockholm of 1948. I built the ship by Mitteldeutscher Kartonmodell Verlag as a conversion from MS Völkerfreundschaft some years ago, but it was very simple, lacking many details. Let´s see what JSC offers in this respect. The framework is a real challenge. I was used to not having a base plate with JSC but this model just provides the B- and A-Deck as a base with the frames glued from below. The waterline can only be guessed when the hull (under) skin is applied, which leaves the entire waterline wobbly and inaccurate. So I used the basic framework and drew a new base plate and applied it the conventional way. in addition I gave the hull its shape using cardboard between the (few) frames and mould at the stem and stern. The manual stipulates that B-Deck, A- Deck and part of the Veranda-Deck should be built before the real hull skin is added. I decided against it and did it the old-fashioned way: first hull skin, then the decks. So I can adjust and correct minor mistakes and the hull does not buckle unnecessarily. By the way: I cut out the windows, like usual, and want to build the interior of the Veranda-Deck to add nice details.