View Single Post

Old 08-12-2019, 11:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Groningen Hoofdstation (main train station) free model!

Hi folks. Would you like to build the most beautiful Dutch train station?

The "hoofdstation" in my city was elected just that a couple of days ago.
(Dutch link but try Google translate for some nice gibberish in your own language.)

Hoofdstation Groningen is a beautiful neo-gothic, neo-renaissance fantasy style building from the late 1800s. Here is some more info on the building. and a Youtube clip (in dutch but with pretty shots of the station and its interiors (a superb looking restored ceiling completely made of paper maché!)

So this is your chance. To celebrate its election the Groninger Archives re-issued this model digitally with permission of the original publisher, the Dutch railway system NS. The model has an unusual paper size. I happen to have the original paper model and the measurements for each sheet originally are 700x225mm.

Here is the link to one of the places where you can find it, our regional archives, Groninger Archieven. Click on the words "download hier het volledige bouwpakket" for the actual PDF link. You can see the model here as built by one of my colleagues. He built it a couple of years ago. If the link doesn't work any more, try this direct link to the pdf.

I have enclosed three photos of the original model sheets and a 50 cm ruler.
Attached Thumbnails
Groningen Hoofdstation (main train station) free model!-dscf0503.jpg   Groningen Hoofdstation (main train station) free model!-dscf0504.jpg   Groningen Hoofdstation (main train station) free model!-dscf0505.jpg  

Last edited by Paper Kosmonaut; 08-12-2019 at 11:52 AM.