View Single Post

Old 08-13-2019, 10:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Haha, sorry, I'm suffering a bit of that myself... The build has slowed due to some real life stuff getting in the way. Nothing serious, just important enough to eat into precious build time.

There have also been some build related distractions, work is progressing slowly but there's not much to show as yet. I'm currently "wiring" up the control console and the rest of the cockpit with fiber optics, while also test building some cockpit nav seats John was kind enough to send me. Aside from the minimal building spurts, I've been diving headfirst into learning about Arduino micro-controllers as a new way to control the lighting. I wasn't happy with how my original idea was turning out then stumbled across another build on the DeAgostini forum where a guy called Chip has used Arduino and some addon electronics to control his lights (and sounds) for his DeAgo build and it got me wanting to do the same.

So basically, the electronics have slowed me down for now but it will be worth it if I can pull it off, after that, the build itself should pick up some decent speed, the Makino kit is proving to be a fantastic base for this kind of up-scaling etc.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000