View Single Post

Old 08-16-2019, 08:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
After posting this question several years ago, many have contributed to what I finally purchased.

From all the Rhino comments, tried the Rhino 5 for the thirty day test you can do for free. Created a few things, but did not complete them to final model print. Decided it would work if couldn't find something else.

Aspire, Sheet Lightning, and a few others that had free test periods. Decided to keep looking.

Talking with one of my customers, sell welding and safety supplies, one of the local Engineering Firms Owner/Designer was talking about AutoCAD.

I asked him what he used, he said Autodesk Inventor 2016. We talked about the benefits of going with Inventor for my projects.
1) Ease of use since already know AutoCAD 2013
2) Flatten Command does just that to 3D models
3) Unlimited painting options

Only real issue is the price. Way more than my 2000 Chevy S10 Blazer is worth....

Today is the day it ended up on my computer. Now to follow Aaron's 3D video in Rhino to see what and how to design 3D!

Thank you everybody, just re-read all the posts! Great projects posted with outstanding reasons to try that particular program!!

Mike