View Single Post

Old 08-28-2019, 07:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Moving back around to the rear facing panel of the Limber, I start preparing the layered details for there.

First, a top strip and two narrow outer edge strips (already attached in the photo).
These are single layer applied directly to the surface.

Then I prepare the center bulkhead piece that fits over the Limber Pole...this is double layer,
with the small upper hatch detail as a third layer.

The two Ammunition Doors are single layer, but with Hinge Brackets and Reflector details added.
Note: most restored Limbers have road lights and whatever it takes to make them roadworthy for today's modern traffic laws.
I wasn't sure about the originality of the rear door reflectors (WW2 issue?) but I liked the added colour and surface detail.
If anyone points out to me that they are completely inaccurate, I can remove them.

Previously mentioned parts attached, except for the Hinge bracketry...I was still contemplating a change there.
Everything is well edge coloured...I am using a slightly deeper green art marker...but the camera flash still tends to
wash it out, and make it appear as though edges are bare.

I did some extra weathering on this back panel...pulled some of the weathering art from the Field Tractor model.
In fact, all the panel colouring and weathering is pulled from that model, so things should match.

These are the lock-down bracketry for the doors...single layer, folded into shape...with a rolled end to simulate the hing pin tube.
Since the artwork is already in place on the bulkhead panel, this should work nicely.

In place, it looks good.
I also laminated and cut out the other door hardware, including the pull handles (which are laminated thicker)
You can also see the final door hinges which extend across the doors and on to the panel frame.

I've also started to complete the rear part of the Limber Pole and the Tow Hitch.
First, a cap for the end of the Limber Pole, and then the flat steel extension, to which the end plates are welded.
(The Hitch itself is bolted to the end plates)