View Single Post

Old 08-28-2019, 07:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Last thing for the rear panel, are these leaf spring contraptions.
I honestly have not looked into what they are, or how they function.
They seem to elaborate door stops, for when the Ammunition Doors are opened. Odd.
I wonder if they are an anti-jack-knife contraption?

Anyway, quite an elaborate construction...five springs of various lengths are constructed of double layer card.
The main Leaf is wrapped at the end, around a 2mm pole (made from a dowel wrapped in paper).
At first I just painted a wooden dowel, but i didn't like the colour. So I added a paper wrap.
The builder can choose to create this part any way they like.

Once the main leaf is glued and secure, I attached the other smaller leaves, and then bent everything into shape.
(I'll include a paper pattern for this)

I soaked some underside areas of the springs in CA glue to help them hold their shape.

The two spring contraptions are attached flat to the rear panel, with the added top plates.
After they are completely secure, I bent and twisted them for the best look.
Paper tends to do funny things when layered and glued! lol

You can also see the Hitch mount plates installed...this is the first time I added some bolt details.
It really needed it here.
I always include extra 3D bolt parts in my kits, but I am usually too lazy personally to use them! lol

Another view(s) of those springs...as well as the Tow Hitch assembled and installed.

The Hitch Hook is the same as used on the Field Tractor, but this Hook is a bit shorter.
Which has resulted in a narrower gap for the Gun Trailer tow eye to connect.
It may not fit.
I may have to trim off some of that angled upper bracket.
I will make adjustments to the kit parts to open up the Hook a bit.