View Single Post

Old 09-01-2019, 08:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Cool Landing gear

The landing gear on this plane is very short and keeps the plane low to the ground. Not much is showing as it sits on the ground.
some reference pics:
Tzukit- Israeli Fouga- Yoav model-img_9338.jpgTzukit- Israeli Fouga- Yoav model-img_9339.jpg

Note:
there may be a debate if the strut and wheel hubs should be metallic or white color, but the reference I have seen including an in flight picture shows it metallic.
Tzukit- Israeli Fouga- Yoav model-.jpg

I decided to add a very simple gear to the model. It consists of laminated card stock wheels, metal struts with paper wrapped around them, and I used the model's cut out doors in the extended position. I have no files to show. It was all on the go building.

Here is the key to the gear support: a wooden dowel used as an axle
Tzukit- Israeli Fouga- Yoav model-img_0279.jpg

and gear is on

Tzukit- Israeli Fouga- Yoav model-img_0282.jpgTzukit- Israeli Fouga- Yoav model-img_0283.jpgTzukit- Israeli Fouga- Yoav model-img_0284.jpgTzukit- Israeli Fouga- Yoav model-img_9331.jpg

view of the model on wheels
Tzukit- Israeli Fouga- Yoav model-img_0292.jpgTzukit- Israeli Fouga- Yoav model-img_9335.jpgTzukit- Israeli Fouga- Yoav model-img_9336.jpg

Isaac