View Single Post

Old 09-10-2019, 06:41 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Johannes - thank you for that! Well done! It confirms what we found in many instances at this end.

Note that South Africa (a number of users, not all) has also been affected in the same way you describe and as I have mentioned briefly above. effects started some 3 months ago.

So this means that there is not only a uniquely European aspect to the error.

And as has also been pointed out - other countries too may be affected, but the users affected (perhaps not knowing about or having VPN) do not know how to advise anyone at PM.

---------------------

GDPR as a cause here can be ignored. It is a complex topic and very misunderstood. Currently, the legislation is still in the implementation phase (and many companies and bodies are still not yet compliant as they are still within the compliance window), and I doubt when active (in a year or so) sites will be blocked - the penalty is a fine.

-----------------------

I did on this Forum start and explain GDPR and its implications, trying to remove the "Eurospeak" that confuses everyone.

I have so far covered 2 of the 3 important clauses. Clause 17 I was also going to cover as well, but there has been little further interest in GDPR, so I have left it alone for the moment.

Johannes - if you are interested, see here...

European Copyright Directive