View Single Post

Old 09-10-2019, 11:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 414.21 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Welcome.
I do not know how elaborate you want to get but there are a few sites with N scale buildings and other sites with other scales that can be rescaled to N. That is what is great about paper models. You can generally rescale them to fit your needs.

Here is a German site with some nice buildings. They come in N and HO scale.
https://www.wediul-kartonmodelle.de/modellkatalog.htm

Here is a site with some buildings at OO scale you can print at 48% to get N scale.
Wordsworth Model Railway

There are plenty of models to buy that are in 25 mm scale which is around 1:72 scale in ratios. You can print them at 45% to get N scale.

It is best to print one test building and make sure the it fits, though. Some of the scale information differs depending on where you get it from, i.e. USA, UK, Europe mainland, etc.

As previously mentioned a lot of these papercraft railway buildings come from British, German and Japanese makers who design for A4 size paper. For a printer with limited scaling capability a rule of thumb I've learned for scaling down is, when printing 2 pages per sheet multiply the original scale by 1.414 (not exact for letter size paper). When printing 4 pages per sheet multiply the original scale by 2, and for 9 pages per sheet multiply by 3. Those should get you close enough to 1:160 as individual buildings do differ in proportions.

Even better, you can design and print your own Dutch Renaissance houses using this Flash-based website (archived on WayBack Machine):

Madurodam bouwplaat

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited by lfuente; 09-10-2019 at 11:32 PM.