Thread: Akitsumaru
View Single Post

Old 09-11-2019, 04:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.91 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
Dear Bernie:
I just downloaded your files. I must say that they are excellent. Enhancing an already nice model into one that can rival the more established big publishers. I liked the extras that you added: volumized air wing of the Ka-1 autogyro and the Ki-76 STOL plane and the landing party!!!
Thank you for sharing.

ps: if my memory is not failing there is a Daihatsu Class Landing Craft paper model somewhere in the web.
Hi Pablo, you are welcome. I have had a look at the Diahatsu landing craft, but it is unavailable to download at the moment.

Some progress.

The bow section proved to be a little under-size, so some chopping and changing was required here. Don't worry, I have redrawn these parts and they should be in the download section as an addendum soon.

This also shows the new side supports for the deck. These double as supports and a good base for attaching the ship side parts.

Bow section glued-up.

The midships parts require some trimming. Bottom section is removed and 1mm trimmed from the top

This is glued to the base at midships outboard of the centre supports.

The companionway decks are now glued between superstructure elements.

Attached Thumbnails
Akitsumaru-20190910_201841.jpg   Akitsumaru-20190910_204120.jpg   Akitsumaru-20190910_205821.jpg   Akitsumaru-20190910_210044.jpg   Akitsumaru-20190911_110358.jpg