View Single Post

Old 09-16-2019, 09:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.66 MB
Cool More circle cutting ahead

Not having much time for modeling obviously means I'm not going to rush off & buy more right...? Turns out, not so much!
A couple of things caught my eye & before I could say 'where's that credit card' my collection had grown.

A grabbed a Modelarstwo Kartonowe Bristol Beaufighter Mk.VI '46.SQR -43'
I really like the Beaufighter & when I saw a red flash on it's cover saying Otwieranie skrzydlowe klapy!!!! how could I resist (It's red & it has !!!s on it)?
This comes in an A3 folder with loose sheets in A3 & A4, instruction booklet & the 'fully functioning flaps' promised. The cover picture is on gloss paper, & the rear panel is card suitable for frames. I like this format better than the booklet for ease of access, just have to be careful not to let pages escape .
The kit is moderately detailed with a pair of full radial engines & interior details (Nothing so complex as Halinski tho). Color scheme & texturing are good.

My longtime hankering for a GB truck was answered by Answer with a Bedford QLD by Mariusz Kita.
Whilst I find his unimaginative color schemes/textures irritating, he has published a whole lot of WW2 vehicles not available from other designers. So with his experience I figure it has to be worth a shot. This is a B4 booklet & the truck has moderately detailed engine etc.

I had to take the Angraf Sd.Kfz. 8 / DB10
I didn't take the PaK 44 which is intended to accompany it (opting instead to get something non-WW2, see below).
This is a thick B4 booket with lots of circles & track links. This has a nice engine & ancillaries by the look of it.
GPM also publish a Sd.Kfz. 8 / DB10 & PaK 44. I don't know if these are also by Dariusz Wandtke, they are a bit more expensive & the GPM version is in a different (& probably more textured) paint scheme.

There seems to be a trend of multiple publishers printing a model in different colors at the moment - the VOMAG 8,8 cm Selbstfahrlafette Flak 18 being available in 3 different liveries from 3 publishers that I know of.

Finally I took the Orlik MT-LB
This is Michal Rafalskis design, begun here a while ago.
Nice color scheme, detailed interior, engine & ancillary components etc. this is definitely not a quick build. This is a hefty A4 booklet.

Anyone wants to see more of the instructions from these - ask.
The MTLB is comprehensively shown on Orliks page but not the others.

All are appear good quality productions, with good quality ink & paper, promising to require a few more lifetimes to work my way through.

Good service from Orlik as always.
Attached Thumbnails
More circle cutting ahead-beau-1.jpg   More circle cutting ahead-q1.jpg   More circle cutting ahead-q-2.jpg   More circle cutting ahead-db10-1.jpg   More circle cutting ahead-db10-2.jpg  

More circle cutting ahead-db10-3.jpg   More circle cutting ahead-db10-4.jpg   More circle cutting ahead-db10-5.jpg   More circle cutting ahead-mt-1.jpg   More circle cutting ahead-mt-2.jpg  

More circle cutting ahead-mt-3.jpg   More circle cutting ahead-beau-2.jpg   More circle cutting ahead-beau-3.jpg