View Single Post

Old 09-17-2019, 02:26 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
PONT-NEUF a panorama de L’ile de la Cite’ (Paris)

Several years ago, I purchased the L’Instant Durable model PONT-NEUF - a panorama model of L’ile de la Cite’ (Paris). It is very different from other models that I have built because it does not consist of complete 3D models of buildings. Instead, it is an in-depth look at just the façade of a number of buildings that can be seen from the Pont-Neuf bridge to Notre Dame Cathedral. There are no whole models, just the façades which are glued to a sloped base.

We will be going back to Paris on our next Cathedralquest (CATHEDRAL QUEST: our quest to experience cathedrals in Europe) next spring when we take a Viking River cruise from Paris to the Normandy Beaches. We will be making a number of stops, some of which we have seen before, but will be fun to see you again. We will also take an after cruise trip to the Lenoir Valley where we will visit several Châteaux’s (I have already made the model of Chambord, which is still in the top 7 on the Forum.

I have included in the attached photos a 1870 painting by Alexandre Noel of I’ile de la Cite’. Photo # 3 identifies all of the buildings in model.

The panoramic model shows the Pont-Neuf as it is today. The bridge itself (completed in 1606) is seen from downstream, in front of the Ile de la Cite’, whose tip divides it into 2 unequal sections traveling the large branch of the Seine on the left and the smaller branch on the right.

The assembly instructions are very sparse as seen by photo # 4. There are 13 legal size pages of parts, many of which are named, but all are in sequential numbers or alphabet. There are no drawings which show the placement of these parts. It will be necessary to work from the cover photo and several photos of the real buildings. The model contains tiny figures engaged in various work activities plus a number of trucks, cars and motorcycles which can be seen on the bridge.

As per the instructions, I have now completed the 7 back buildings. The base is sloped, but the buildings are straight. There are supports provided to keep the buildings from slanting the angle of the base. Photo member 8 shows these little supports. Before adding the 2 building sections on the very front, there are trees to be planted in the area in front of the original buildings.

I think this will be a fun model to complete. Without more detailed instructions, I hope I can do it.

The instructions suggest that when the model is finished. It could be displayed in a frame. I don’t know whether I will do that are not.
Attached Thumbnails
-1-image-112-.jpg   -2-image-113-.jpg   -3-image-134-.jpg   -4-image-133-.jpg   -5-dsc03133.jpg  

-6-dsc03167.jpg   -7-dsc03172.jpg   -8-dsc03173.jpg  

Last edited by Tomdaviesclay; 09-17-2019 at 02:58 PM.