View Single Post

Old 09-18-2019, 03:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 47.51 MB
Hi,

And off we go, starting with the chassis.
First i built the two longitudinal beams. They consist (on my model) of 2 LC Parts that get sandwiched by the printed parts. Now this is not the way its meant to be built. The correct way would be to just use the painted LC-Parts. But i want to have an even paintjob and i really like the matte black of the print. This will of course make some modifications necessary because the parts are slightly thicker. But i'm willing to do this bit of extra work. For example i had to remove some of the grey ares on the inside.

Tw29 by Modelik in 1:25-1.1_dk-pm.jpg Tw29 by Modelik in 1:25-1.2_dk-pm.jpg

Next came the crossbeams. I started on one end and made them one by one, always making sure they still fit and doing necessary modifications. Here is a picture of the first 2 beams:

Tw29 by Modelik in 1:25-1.3_dk-pm.jpg

When i got to Crossbeam 4 i found 2 design errors at once: The Beam 4 is 1mm to short on the bottom and the Recess for 4a should only be in the inner longitudinal beams, not in both. The similar crossbeam 3 with the plate 3a is correct. Of course this is not a terrible error and even though it should be impossible to see on the finished model, i still tried to retouch those areas.

Tw29 by Modelik in 1:25-1.4_dk-pm.jpg Tw29 by Modelik in 1:25-1.5_dk-pm.jpg

And finally a picture off all beams unassembled and put together withouht glue. The parts fit very nicely and stay perfectly put even without glue.

Tw29 by Modelik in 1:25-1.7_dk-pm.jpg Tw29 by Modelik in 1:25-1.6_dk-pm.jpg

And this is the current state. Next will be the Suspension, Wheel bearings and the first of many Bolts and Rivets that are still to come.

regards
Johannes