View Single Post

Old 09-21-2019, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 26.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffro View Post
Sometimes (most times?) the urge to buy new models can be stonger than the urge to build them. I can relate... My current build queue is more than long enough but I recently weakened and added a couple more to my list. The Fly Model M88 for my US Desert rescue convoy, and the Renova Kraz, just because it was there.

I like the look of that MT-LB, looking forward to seeing a build thread of it. I missed the original design thread and the pics appear to have gone AWOL.
Great minds eh? I put that KrAZ in my basket then decided I couldn't release any more moths from my wallet, & removed it again... Maybe next time
Sure is a great looking model & truck IRL. I saw a few up close & really fancied taking one home
I thought of your SCUD when I saw the Topol (Poplar) kit

no shortage of wheels on this beast.

The MT-LB will be a marathon for me, full interior & engine etc.
I find all the circles & track components challenging but enjoyable but think I will try to build a plane once the T34 is done, before doing more wheels etc.

Compared to plastic etc, a paper model 'magazine' for me is also a source of ideas & approaches to the whole design/build process.
I think that even if I don't actually build them all (I doubt I will have the req'd 200 years retirement ahead!) I do get a lot of value from studying them & potentially improving my paper problem solving, that's my excuse anyway

Your desert convoy is going to be a huge project, will be great to see it take shape.