View Single Post

Old 10-02-2019, 09:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
This project hasn't been forgotten guys, yeah I am working hard on the Morrigan but I am letting this one sit until I've got feed back from you guys on issues or problems. The plan is to then collate all this together along with the stuff Ive learned on the Morrigan and release a final version with fixes and suggestions from you guys who have built the model.

However if anyone is having real issue that may be stopping them from completing the model I will try my best to address them with the best help I can give, in that respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenniumfalsehood View Post
The engines are a massive headache so far...EP12.2L and R are both supposed to be square shapes, but there are five panels that fold around the square flap? I'll be folding it into a square, but this is definitely something that needs WAY more clarification in the instructions. Hopefully I'm not screwing this up; I don't want to print any more for this one.

Yeah the shape is a slightly angled rectangle almost a triangle, with the top being narrower than the bottom. Their is no top panel on the part though as once in place it is hidden by the rest of the engine parts and I believed that adding the tiny piece to add a top panel would have made the part a little to fiddly to build.

However I hope this diagram maybe throws some clarity on the build for the part.

It has five parts, with the back panel having the join point in the middle of it, highlighted by the red line on the diagram. Yeah I know it's weird but for some reason that's how the software exported it.

The part has no top panel either highlighted in blue, the reason being that in the smaller scales it became really hard to fold the part correctly and since that panel is hidden once it is applied to the back of the model I opted to remove the panel totally.

It's an old blender model I've pulled that diagram from the final released part has a single flat panel on the bottom instead of the panel with a slight fold as shown in the diagram, again I modified this post export as it proved too fiddly to build in the smaller scales.

If you guys are more skilled at building I can easily stick the original unmodified form of the part up?

Anyway I am keeping an eye on this post so please keep the feedback coming and any issues that are stopping or slowing progress, msg me or stick a post here and I help as best I can.