View Single Post

Old 10-07-2019, 05:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.26 MB
This looks awesome Floogen! Your construction is very precise and accurate. I like the additional details like the wiring on the lascannons.

As for upside-down photos, this is something I see on a number of forums. Basically, when you take a photo of something, your camera/phone stores the image literally as the sensor sees it, but adds a piece of metadata to the image that says "this image is rotated by such-and-such degrees". The application you use to view it on your PC correctly interprets the metadata, and displays it as it should be viewed. However, the software on most forums (such as this one) is pretty dumb: it ignores the metadata, and displays the image as it is recorded.

The only way around this is to tell your photo-editing software to apply the rotations to the image directly, and export it without any metadata. GIMP, for example, when you save/export the image just Does The Right Thing and saves the image right-side up the way it is intended to be viewed. After exporting an image from GIMP you can then just basically upload it to a forum, and it will be displayed correctly.

Personally I use Imagemagick (a commandline utility) to do the same thing, but setting that up is an excercise left to the reader...

https://www.vigilantesculpting.com