View Single Post

Old 10-07-2019, 09:31 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Thanks much!!!

Thanks for sharing these!

I have experienced very similar issues with my test build. The primary hull was a challenge, as far as attempting to develop a sphere shape. I found it challenging, even though I was admittedly rushing the build to accomplish a test build during a chaotic time of moving! Your idea to separate the halves into separate strips is intriguing. I might have to try that.

I have been wondering about whether the sphere would be more likely to accomplish the shape properly if it was done in slices, like a globe. Maintaining connection, and developing a round shape, seems challenging with horizontal, thin strips instead of going with vertical slices. My effort looked very similar to yours when I tackled the primary hull. I'm going to try your suggestion and take my time on the next attempt, but I still think that rounding the thin strips, to create the desired shape, is difficult. It still appears that the hull would appear jointed. The final product leans toward appearing segmented and not smooth. I'm trying to still figure out that one.

I also experienced challenges with the interconnecting hull. I planned to reinforce it on a subsequent build, as you have suggested.

I also had the exact same experience with the pylons. My sleeves didn't slide in without carving and modifying them. The good news is that the sleeve-in-sleeve does seem to have produced a strong pylon, once modified. It was a goos idea from the designer.

I messed up on deck one. I placed it atop the primary hull, where it should have been fit just under the open hole created, when the sphere was completed. I missed that one. Thanks for your illustration. I'll catch it on the next build.

I found the ring around the hangar and rings around the aft of the nacelles a bit of a challenge too, but that could have been because I was rushing it. Your's looked much smoother than my effort. I need to "round" them to make the final product as smooth as yours. Thanks for the illustration to help.

Did you figure out what to do with the gray circles on the same page as the nacelle parts? I figured where to put the endocarp illustrations and the white circles, but...

Last edited by THE DC; 10-07-2019 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Ooops