View Single Post

Old 10-08-2019, 09:49 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Thumbs up Glad to hear from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegocs View Post
I designed that model about 20 years ago, without any 3D modeling program, only with a very basic drawing program and with drawings that I found on the web. Understand that it cannot be very accurate. But thanks for building it and sharing it. It was nice to see him again.
Glad you saw our efforts! Its so great tone able to thank you for making this kit. Its a very attractive model; I'm just trying to make the best one that I can.

I've increased the size by about 2x and have been looking at how to reinforce the structure in some places and enhance the fit on others. I drew ups a diagram last nigh that details how these alterations should be done, and some layering to enhance texture.

The primary hull still eludes me. I can create the sphere but smoothing out the "ridges" that developed in the test build is a head scratcher.

I'm also exploring a different material for the bustards than the paper ones you provided. Your spiral design makes for much better half spheres that most of the "petal" approaches that I have seen, but i'd like to get them even smoother.

Its really cool, even with my test build, to see how this design looks in real life, from multiple angles.

Thanks much for the design and for sharing it!

What other Star Trek ships have you designed?

Again, thanks!