View Single Post

Old 10-09-2019, 05:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Johan Scherft's Robin

Hello everyone,

Now the F7A is finished, it's time for something less complex, but equally satisfying. For years I’ve been very much impressed by Johan Scherft’s bird models and one of his recent creations is the robin.

This little rascal is quite common in the Netherlands and sometimes also visits my own backyard. It can be aggressive towards other birds but is always curious about human behavior and keen to snatch a worm dug up by a busy gardener. In Dutch the bird is called "Roodborstje" (Little Red chest), which is a bit odd since the chest color is more orange than red.

The model consists of 11 parts plus 2 required for the mount. It comes with elaborate building instructions and can be purchased for 5 euros from Johan’s website. The second picture show all the parts, with exception of the mount.

The body consists of one part only and is of an amazing design. It's in fact the most complicated part of the model and can best be assembled by working as symmetrical as possible, and bit by bit. By doing so, the flat part slowly transforms into a real body. I'm still working on it and the pictures show the result up so far. To be continued!

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Johan Scherft's Robin-robin-picture.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0906.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0923.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0924.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0955.jpg  

Johan Scherft's Robin-img_e0956.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_e0957.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_e0958.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_e0959.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_e0960.jpg