View Single Post

Old 10-19-2019, 07:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Canon Seagull Sailor

Hello everyone! I made my first ever model a few years ago (The Akogare from Canon). I loved the experience, but going back to school put my new hobby on hold. Now that that's over with, I'm working on my second model!

This time I decided to try something more whimsical before I get back to ships, so I've started the Seagull Sailor from Canon. Here is my status so far!

This is the main part of the boat that I accidentally positioned upside down for this photo.
Canon Seagull Sailor-2019-10-19-21.12.06.jpg

His legs.
Canon Seagull Sailor-2019-10-19-21.12.02.jpg

Attached! This one was a little more of a challenge because I didn't cut the rectangle where he was inserted into very straight. The paper very much wanted to buckle.
Canon Seagull Sailor-2019-10-19-21.11.57.jpg

This is where I am currently at. The sailor's body is loose because when completed, he should be able to move as he rows his boat.
Canon Seagull Sailor-2019-10-19-21.11.53.jpg Canon Seagull Sailor-2019-10-19-21.11.43.jpg

So far the most difficult thing I am encountering is my tendency to glue multiple tabs at once. More than once I found myself trying to line up tabs on opposite sides of a box before the glue dried, which made the process way more challenging than it needed to be! But I'm learning.