View Single Post

Old 10-21-2019, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Wings and landing gear

Thank you Don, Kurt and Kevin! I'll come to the head later but I can imagine your friend hesitated regarding the head - it's tricky.

I've been using the word tricky before, and that's mostly related to the thin paper (120 grams A4 size), which increases the risk of dents and other damage. However, 160 grams is just too thick and stiff. Works perfectly for planes, trains, architecture and the like, but not for tiny birds.

Wings are finished now and glued into position.

Next is the landing gear and the mount. It's a very clever design as the wooden sticks that make up the legs protrude through the mount and are attached to an internal substructure. The other ends run through the body and are kept in place by slightly sticking through small holes in the body, just underneath the wings. With the legs, claws and toes in place you don't notice this clever design feature. Note that I used thin board from a cereal box to reinforce the mount, otherwise it's very flimsy. Another advantage of reinforcing the mount is that it stabilizes the "weight and balance" of the entire model.

Next will be the head and the beak... and that'll be all.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0984.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0985.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0989.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0990.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0991.jpg  

Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0993.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0994.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0995.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1004.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1005.jpg  

Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1006.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1007.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1024.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1026.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1029.jpg  

Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1030.jpg