View Single Post

Old 10-24-2019, 02:54 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
On September 17 I began construction of this model of the Pont
Neuf in Paris. I have now finished it. Over the past month over 200 people have looked at this post, but not one single person has made even the slightest comment. I have posted on paper modelers for a number of years and have always had several comments either good or bad. I don’t know why no one has said anything.

It may be that all of you added wonderful comments but there is a malfunction of the software for this particular post and none of the comments have been recorded.

A second thought is that the subject and the initial photos were so negative that no one could think of a good thing to say about it, so they left it blank.

A third thought is that the model was so impressive and viewers were so overcome by its charm and beauty that they were left speechless, and therefore again said nothing. Paragraph

When I post these comments and they don’t appear, then I know it is a software problem and I will make a new posting and hope that comments are made. I really love this site and referred to it several times day.

This model is not a typical building model but more of a panorama of a famous scene in Paris. The scene begins at the tip of the Ile de la Cite’ where the Pont-Neufnew bridge the river. There are several recognizable buildings in the background like the towers of Notre-Dame Dom and Sainte-Chapelle. Since the model is not about the detail of the building but the bridge itself, there are many details including showing some ornamental stonework, streetlights, pedestrians in a variety of activities, and a number of vehicles. These special touches consumed most of the building time. I am having some visual problem right now but with the use of a strong magnifying glass I was able to cut out with an X-Acto knife all of the figure with only one person having their leg cut off.

Because of the number of lines which indicate windows, doors and ornamentation, I have never been able to get very sharp photos of the buildings. Please do note the construction of the bridge which dates back to the 16th century

I am going to take a break from building paper models for a short time as I want to return to my favorite hobby, that of woodworking, to build a few projects for Christmas gifts. I also need to build more space for displaying more models. I have over 70 kits yet to make. I will keep checking this website daily to see what my fellow remodelers are up to.
Attached Thumbnails
-05-dsc03186.jpg   -06-dsc03187.jpg   -09-dsc03202.jpg   -10-dsc03203.jpg   -07-dsc03191.jpg  

-03-dsc03182.jpg   -04-dsc03183.jpg   -11-dsc03205.jpg   -12-dsc03209.jpg