View Single Post

Old 10-25-2019, 01:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Finished!

Hello Ab and Kevin, thank you for your kind words. Happy to announce that the little guy is ready, but first things first.

The head is as small as the tip of one's index finger and the petals need to be glued together carefully. It helps to apply small pieces of paper on the inside to smooth out joints and edges. I've taken a picture of each step. Tombow markers come in very handy to color the edges. As a final step in the preparation of the head, the sides have to be pressed in slightly.

Placing the head on the body requires care as well. The paper is thin and you need to push with some force for a good fit of the head on the collar. The fit is tight and to avoid damage I glued straps of scrap paper on the inside for reinforcement of the collar, allowing the required pressure. Also, applying white glue helps as it flexes the paper just enough to get a good fit.

Finally the beak, then added a touch of satin varnish and gloss to the eyes and the job's fully done. I hope to be able coming weekend to take better pictures of the end result and also a few in the backyard, weather permitting, as this is of course robin's natural habitat .

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0996.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0997.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0998.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_0999.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1001.jpg  

Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1002.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1003.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1027.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1028.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_e1031.jpg  

Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1033.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_e1032.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_e1034.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1035.jpg   Johan Scherft's Robin-img_1036.jpg