View Single Post

Old 10-30-2019, 01:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,

and now to the LO2 Cable Tray along with the TPS Segments at the transition to the LO2 Umbilical Plate.
As always, before the Scratch-building of assemblies and parts there is nothing like a thorough inventory and accurate detailed analysis. ... ...

The beginning is again this photo for a better orientation, which helped me because of the direct side view already in the sizing of the Distribution box, on which I have marked the first three parts of this LO2 Umbilical assembly.

Directly behind the distribution box is with the Part 1 a trapezoidal support part whose dimensions (length L, and upper and lower width) I've determined by reference to the diameter of the LO2 Feedline (Ø 3 mm).

Source: georgesrockets.com (George Gassaway)

On this rotated photo, one can see this here gray part a bit closer, whereby the linked original zoom is unfortunately rotated.

Source: forum.nasaspaceflight.com (DaveS)

Therefore, here's still a section in original resolution, on which one can see that this part is directly connected with the Distribution box and with the LH2 Cable Tray.

And directly behind the oblique branch (Part 3) runs from the Cable Tray, which is connected with the Part 2 and passes over the Parts 4/5 to the Umbilical plate.

Thus, only the width of the part is missing, which I have determined from this photo, which allows me to scratch the Part 1.

In this picture one can see the cables coming out of the vertical strut, of which one part, as just described, runs up to the LO2 Umbilical plate and the remainder to the LH2 Umbilical plate.
In this rear view, the Parts 3-5 are admittedly covered by cuffs, but one can nicely see the entrance of the LH2 Cable Tray into the Vertical Strut.

And in this order, I will now try to scratch these five parts step by step.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)