View Single Post

Old 11-02-2019, 08:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,

let's continue with the adjustment of Part 2, for which here beside the Crossbeam (Ball Interface Fitting) the announced narrow recess was cut out with the Mini saw blade.

And as one can see, it's only a small cut, but leads to a clear improvement!

Speaking of Original arrangement, I'm not sure anymore when I take a closer look at my black and white reference photo of the tank ET-8, which as is well known was to be the firstly flown Lightweight Tank (LWT), that was used since STS-6. Only at STS-7 was used a Standard Weight Tank (SWT) once again, for whatever reason.

Unfortunately, the resolution of the photo is not exhilarating even in the zoom, and the area of interest to me is in the dark and is unfortunately also obscured by the Vertical Strut.

Source: forum.nasaspaceflight.com (Jester)

But if you bend your eyes and look more closely, one recognizes, I believe, that especially the obliquely upwards running part of the Cable tray behind the support (Part 2) seems to be much narrower than on the previously considered images, which however, from later missions, where starting from STS-91 the Super Lightweight Tank (SLWT) was used, which had been modified again.

To the following photo I will still inquire DaveS, from which mission it originates.

Source: forum.nasaspaceflight.com (DaveS)

And this photo shows the ET-122 at the last mission of the Endeavor (STS-134).

Source: NASA
Let's see if I can get some more information from DaveS, because sometimes he still has cool photos in his hindquarters, which have already solved some riddles.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Last edited by spacerunner; 11-03-2019 at 01:00 AM.