View Single Post

Old 11-06-2019, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Nothing to do with trains, but I figured Kevin would be monitoring this thread.

Lil and I just returned from the annual "Know Your World" exhibition by the International Fellows of the U.S. Army War College: lieutenant colonel/wing commander/commander to brigadier/air commodore/commodore rank officers from 88 countries. The huge Carlisle Expo Center building was filled with lines of tables covered with food, drink, and cultural items from all the countries. Of course, I spent time with the Korean, Japanese, and Taiwan IFs, as well as with the Officer from Nepal and his wife (their son is my classmate in my Japanese class at Dickinson College) and visited all the other tables.

Relevant to you, Kevin, I drank Rusker beer with the Kenyans, Nederburg wine with the South Africans, and coffee with the Tanzanians. I ate spicy goat stew on injera bread with the Ethiopians and various delicious combinations of meat and vegetables and assorted drinks with the IFs from other African countries as well as the from the other countries.

Here is a video about the event made in 2017 to give you an idea about what it looks like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lkK69rGeuE

There was one train element: while we were at the exhibition, the evening Norfolk Southern freight rolled through Carlisle.
Don

Last edited by Don Boose; 11-06-2019 at 06:38 PM.