View Single Post

Old 11-09-2019, 01:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello friends,

then I'll continue with my pull-ups on the LO2 Umbilical. But before I'll bend the end piece of the GO2 Press. Line, at first still to a last detail, which I wanted to leave out first, because I did not think it was that important.

And that's this Bracket for guiding/stabilizing the Press. Line, which is mostly hidden on the photos and not completely visible,

Source: forum.nasaspaceflight.com (DaveS)

which is why I had to feel my way step by step, i.e. image by image.

In this photo one can see the oblique position on the inside of the Cable Tray, but otherwise one is groping in the dark.

Source: NASA

Here one can see already in more detail that these are two thin narrow struts, which are connected at both ends,

Source: forum.nasaspaceflight.com (Jester)

what one can also see in this picture, from which I have determined the necessary dimensions.

Source: NASA

On my first try, I glued Evergreen Strips (0,25 mm x 0,75 mm x 5 mm) together, using Strips (0,25 mm x 0,4 mm) as a spacer. But since the spacing for the Press. Line-Nickel silver rod (Ø 0,4 mm) seemed to be a bit too small,

I've adjusted it for the second try by gluing Strips (0,25 mm x 0,5 mm),

what comes already closer to the real conditions and looks better.

When test fitting the bracket, however, it turned out that it was a bit too long, since it should end at the height of the upper ring on the Feedline.

that's why I've shortened it by one strip width (0,5 mm),

which looks more pleasing,

and above all fits better into the mould, and thus could be glued in this position by means of MEK.

With that I can now bend the end piece of the GO2 Press. Line and its three Fittings, what should be a bit simpler than at the GH2 Press. Line on the other side, I hope at least.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)