View Single Post

Old 11-11-2019, 02:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello friends,

today I have bent the end piece of the GO2 Press. Line made of Nickel silver (Ø 0,4 mm). But as one can see, while bending the wire in the tweezers too sharp bends arise in comparison to the copper wire, which is much more flexible (ductile), what I did not particularly like.

That's why I've used my round-nose pliers, and lo and behold, then therewith gentler curves succeed,

just as one can see it on this photo.

Source: NASA

Then the test fitting on the Umbilical came, which was expectedly tricky, because I had to thread the longer upper part of the wire first from below through the narrow Bracket and then had to insert it into the opening of the Umbilical plate.

Then I also still managed to insert the shorter piece in the rearmost Ramp (R25), in front of which the long GO2 Press. Line had been inserted.

Then I've also still cut the tiny Fittings from the thin Insulating hose (Ø 0,7 mm) in a known manner,

and have subsequently threaded the Press. Line, wherewith I am very satisfied for now.

But now the exciting question arises, how I should install this ringed end piece now best, since the upper ring cannot pass the narrow bracket?

Consequently, the ring must be removed before threading the wire in the holder and then re-fit without breaking off anything around. But how can one does it for heaven's sake in this cramped space, especially since the normal threading is already absolutely stressful, and one has to take care hell-bent, that the tiny midget does not jump?

Therefore good advice is expensive, but maybe someone of you has a good idea that would help me?
In this sense, volunteers please step forward!

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)