View Single Post

Old 11-13-2019, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
PaperMau is gone

Wyvern noticed that it was inaccessible this morning, so I emailed Mauther and got this response

Quote:
Hello, Dave,

I am sorry. The blog was infected with a virus, a Trojan to be more exact, and I was forced to block the site.

Tried in many ways to eliminate the Trojan and failed. This virus spreads from machine to machine, doing forced bitcoin mining, increasing the use of memory and even energy consumption. The good news is that the Trojan is only active when accessing the infected site, in case, unfortunately, my blog.

I was then forced to take it down and I have no intention of making it available, as I could not eradicate the invasion.

I installed anti-virus paid versions of Norton and Avast and also used several free anti-virus and anti-malware programs and was unsuccessful.

I contacted some sites that monitor and maintain sites in order, but fees (minimum annual subscriptions) are not possible for my financial conditions. What's more, the blog never made a profit. The little money that comes in with Adsense is not enough to pay 30% of my broadband Internet subscription.

Too bad, it was almost ten years dedicated to the blog, but I have no patience to start all over again, at least not at the moment.

Well, that's it, Dave, I hope all is well with you and all yours.

Greetings from Brazil to USA!

Your friend,

Mauther