View Single Post

Old 11-13-2019, 12:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 296.90 MB
Well, I contacted Ross Hardy and based on my listed needs, he recommended the Canon Maxify MB2720. I finally ordered it this morning, $99 on Amazon. One point in its favor is that it uses pigment inks which are far less susceptible to water damage.

Like most printers for home/home office it gets very mixed reviews everywhere. For this printer, it seems to either not work out of the box, or work just fine. Every printer I have looked at has 10-20% of reviews where reviewers complain about how hard the printer is to set up. I have to wonder how much that can be attributed to unwillingness/inability to read and follow directions since that seems to be on the rise among an astonishing number of people. That being said, a lot of reviewers for various sites agree that home printers are mostly terrible for a variety of reasons. I did find a couple of interesting articles that discuss why they have become so awful.

I decided to order the printer now because it is driving me crazy to have to get everything printed elsewhere. I would rather print a recipe than have to copy it down or to take my laptop into the kitchen. I am fairly clumsy and I envision a disaster combining the kitchen and the computer. Also, my daughter may be needing surgery on her cervical spine soon and I want to have the printer set up and running before that gets scheduled, if it happens. I am willing to risk the $99 rather than the $200-300 for a tank printer for now.

Once the printer is here and up and running, I will report back if anyone is interested.