View Single Post

Old 11-13-2019, 02:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
I seem to have skipped a few stages - all concentrating on cutting and building!

Fitted the maindeck as you can see. I realise I damaged the sides with my glueing error earlier and have a feeling the hull is wider than the deck as a result.

So, I glued it flush with the stbd side and let that dry. Then, I applied glue to the rest and tried using the deck to 'pull' the hull sides inwards towards each other. Had some limited success and getting better at applying the right amount glue to the right places and settling it all before the paper becomes too soft to manipulate.

Just started applying the hull plating by putting the transom on. Schreiber have been good and detailed the inside of the bulwark by printing it as a mirror image above the exterior section. Just score, flip over and glue. Then bend the transom so it matches the curve on the deck.

Was careful to dry fit it several times as the hull plating is the part that concerns me most. Went well.
Attached Thumbnails
Oldenburg by Schreiber-img_1482.jpg   Oldenburg by Schreiber-img_1483.jpg   Oldenburg by Schreiber-img_1484.jpg