View Single Post

Old 11-14-2019, 10:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
The Mediterranean

These are two axis torpedo boats used in the Mediterranean and surroundings.
The Schnellboot S-151 class was going to be completed in Holland to a British design, but the captured unfinished boats were completed as small S-boats able to navigate inland to the Mediterranean. Compared to the later S-Boats these measured only 28.3 m in contrast to 35 m. Very little information about this interesting class is available. So a lot of guess work.
The other boat is an Italian MAS-500 (Motoscafo Armato Silurante = Torpedo Armed Motorboat). The Italian showed the power of such small boats during World War I. The design evolved during the inter war years benefiting from the Isotta Fraschini engines, which also were sought for the earlier British MTBs. Their length was 18,7 m.
These are scratch card models with some photo-etched and wire details. Thankfully I had the JSC models, they served to pattern the hull of the MAS, and Mr. Italeri provided the info for colors and general layout.

ps: Thank you Don.
I know, the red bands needed to be broader.
I don't know how the R-Boot crashed the party.
Attached Thumbnails
Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-mtb-01.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-mtb-02.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-srboots-03.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-mtb-04.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-mtb-05.jpg  

Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-mtb-06.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-mtb-07.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-mtb-08.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-mtb-09.jpg   Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-mtb-10.jpg  

Narrow seas, archipelagos, and coastal operations-mtb-11.jpg